In order to maintain a healthy working relationship between you, the team leaders and the whole test IO team there are a few key rules to follow:
- Reproduce bugs: Only report bugs that you can reproduce. Try reproducing your fellow testers bugs as well (you are paid and earn ranking points for this.)
- Read the instructions: The app sections and instructions contain a lot of important information.
- Provide good evidence: Consider if your bug is really shown in a screenshot or if it is just the final result, often a screencast provides more valuable evidence of the issue.
- Be polite and professional, we are working here together!
- Think about the cause of the issue, try to understand the product. We love our smart testers and they are way more likely to get special tests. Don’t be a bug bot!
- Ask your follow testers and the team leader for help, if needed.
- Placeholder bugs: Only submit complete bug reports.
- Use emulators: Only physical devices can be used for testing with us.
- Change tester credentials: There are often a limited number of tester accounts available for testing so other testers may need to use the account after you.
- Don’t be unprofessional or unfair.
- Do not use email addresses you don’t have access to for testing. You might sign up people for newsletters or accounts they don’t want to have.
- Do not copy other testers work.