This article is a changelog where we will list important changes of our rules. Besides considering below information, we recommend checking out our articles regularly to refresh your knowledge. Also, the changelog does only contain the most important changes.
Changes in February 2019
With the release of our new Academy, we added clarity to some of our rules and added some new ones:
- Types of Bugs: Spelling problems are not considered as content bugs and are generally out of scope.
Types of Bugs: Bugs in a browser or operating system function are generally out of scope.
- Functional Bugs: The severity of functional bugs is downgraded for less relevant environments such as IE 8/9/10 as well as certain iOS and Android versions.
- Functional Bugs: Forced bugs get rejected.
- Functional Bugs: Most edge case bugs get rejected. Interesting bugs for our customers are accepted as low bugs.
- Usability Suggestions: Only usability suggestions that meet several criteria may be submitted.
- Usability Suggestions: Usability reports have to contain information about the following: Current situation, Suggestion, Benefit.
- Bug Report Requirements: Reports can be straight-rejected if they are not documented well.
- Bug Report Attachments: If a bug occurs on a mobile device and a screenshot is sufficient to show the problem, an additional second screenshot with the date must be uploaded (battery and time must match with the first screenshot).
- Bug Report Attachments: Website contents may not be changed, e.g. by using the Google Translator service to translate the website into a different language.
- Bug Report Attachments: Screencasts must not be cut and recordings must not be paused.
- Bug Report Attachments: The frame rate of screencasts must be high enough.
- Test Scope: Setup problems of tests are not legitimate bugs. They should be reported to the TL via the test chat instead.
- Devices: If you want to add a device that is not selectable, send us a request via the support chat. We will check if we can add it to our database. Don't add your device with incorrect manufacturer, model, or OS version information.
- Additional Information: How "endlessly loading" problems are handled from now on.
- Bug Assessment Sheet: Placeholder images are not considered as content bugs any longer.
- 3-Warning Policy: We send warnings to testers who break our rules to protect the interests of both test IO and all other testers who play by the rules.