test IO pays its testers on a monthly basis. In the following article, this monthly payment cycle and payment options are laid out.
How does the payment process work?
- On the 11th of each month (or the next business day), your earnings from the previous month will be added up and displayed here.
- Please check the summary and report any problems via the support chat.
- Otherwise, click the "Request" button between the 11th and the 19th to request the bill to be paid that month.
- A PDF invoice will be generated for your records, which can also be downloaded.
- The requested payment will be sent until the end of the month.
- If the 11th is a weekend day or a national holiday in Germany, payments will only be processed on the next business day onwards.
- Only if you request a bill, it will be sent to your payment account.
- If you request a bill after the 19th, it cannot be considered for the current month and will be paid with the following month's payment cycle.
To enable us to send payments to you, we need your payout data. Please enter them on the Payout Data page that looks like this:
VAT ID requirement
As a European citizen, you need a EU VAT ID to request payments. This VAT ID needs to be associated with a business that can write international invoices. Enter your VAT ID on the Payout Data page.
If your primary residence is not within the EU, you don't have to provide a VAT ID to complete your payment information.
Available payment methods
We offer the following payment methods to get paid:
- SEPA bank transfer
Consider the following information regarding all payment methods:
- Make sure you are able to receive money with the chosen payment method in your country – some may not be available.
- Your payment account must be fully set up – complete the registration, verify your identity, link a bank account for instant payment services, add all required information, etc.
In order to use the SEPA bank transfer option, you need bank account details (IBAN and BIC) from a bank that is part of the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA).
If you don't have a bank account from a bank that is part of SEPA, you can alternatively use Payoneer. Payoneer provides various payment information including SEPA payment information. Here is how you proceed:
- Log into your Payoneer account.
- Go to the page Global Payment Service.
- Click on the tab "EUR" on the left hand side and look for an IBAN and BIC. The BIC should be WIREDEMM or CITIIE2X
- Go to the Payout data page of your tester profile.
- Click on the tab "IBAN / BIC (EU only)" and enter the IBAN and BIC provided by Payoneer.
PayPal cannot be used to receive payments in all countries. Check their website to be sure it will work. To use PayPal, make sure you don't only accept payments via your website. If you don't wish to accept fees automatically, PayPal will send you an email for each incoming payment from test IO. If you fail to accept the payment within 30 days, it will be returned to test IO.
- In progress: The payment process for your bill has been initiated in our system. Note that you may have already received the payment in your account but the status remains In progress. Only after all payments are completed, the status changes to paid for all testers simultaneously.
- paid: We completed all transfers for all payment methods. Note that this does not mean that you already received the money. Depending on your payment method, it might take several days before the payment is visible in your account.
If you haven't received your money by the end of the month, please contact us via the support chat.